Thursday 26 May 2016

I'm back ..

I hadn't realised how long it had been since I did a post, doesn't time pass you by, when your brain is dulled and your mood plummets!
Honestly I feel like a piece of aged and worn fabric, one that has areas of wear that have thinned down and are shot through in several places lol
And I haven't the energy or interest in darning myself together!

Well maybe I have, because I'm here at last and for that I must thank Nanette - who sent me a packet of really pretty fabric scraps with bright and cheerful flowers on and its spurred me back into making up some circle blocks and a few hearts too. I cant thank you enough Nanette : )

Anyway I have made a few things at work if not at home. Although I have pottered in the garden now and then, weeded, painted  a fence or two and cut back the daffs and tulips. Nothing too mentally strenuous but outside in the air, with the occasional sun, enough at least to boost my vitamin D and bring the freckles out - so I may look a little healthier than I feel!


This simple storyboard is for a child with special needs, but I realise now I haven't taken pictures of the cow, horse, old man and woman  that I made duhhh



The lower jaw of the fox moves up and down to 'snap' closed.
The tactile digestion system below is for a Topic Box.
I saw on Pinterest a knitted version but for our VI children, we need different textures for each organ.
That way with an explanatory Braille Key they can identify which organ, is which.
So there's a leather tongue, felt oesophagus and stomach, a Velcro accepting fabric gall bladder, a commercial knitted liver and different textured fine knit pancreas, a lengthy cotton fabric small intestine then a hand knitted large intestine/appendix and a silky fabric rectum.
And they pay me to make these things lol


Popped into Central Library last week and there was a small exhibition on and I quite liked these two collages, which are simply small pieces of torn paper. I do like the effects you can get with such a simple technique.





Okay that's all for now, I need to sleep and recharge my brain batteries.
It's May Bank Holiday weekend and school half term so I have next week off and hope to haul myself up out of the doldrums.
I'll be back : )
Take care all ...

9 comments:

  1. So sorry you've been not yourself - seriously hope the week 'off' will rejuvenate you. Perhaps judicious outer application of some sun and some inner application of some (dare I say it) gin, might be just the ticket. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are down in the dumps. Hopefully the joys of a British May Bank Holiday will restore you!
    Failing that I find a bit of hand stitching always helps.
    Hope your spirits are restored soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back, love your Braille body organs, clever thing. Enjoy your break, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have you back Lyn...I've missed you! I am glad you are starting to feel a bit more motivated to make a few things.... it is hard sometimes! Love your story board... it is really great... I bet the children loved it! Have a lovely weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't posted for quite awhile either-time just flys by so much faster as we age-have not figured that one yet lol love seeing all the nifty things you make-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to read you are in the doldrums and do hope you are feeling yourself soon, it is hard when we get down and find it difficult to motivate ourselfs back into a good routine. You have been busy.with the book and the tactile box will be a great help for the children
    I find that stitching hekps when I am down in fact think that what keeps me sane well a bit sane anyway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy half term - hopefully the sun will shine and you will shake off the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A big part of blogging is the routine. Just like exercise. LOL If something makes you loose momentum, its hard to get back on track. Love your Braille body organs. Very inventive indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lyn, your creations are just pure genius. I know I've said it before but it's true! And you should get paid VERY well for your work, they are originals. Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete